Tagged: retirement ceremony
Countdown to Trevor’s Ceremony: Enjoyable Reading
I’ve written a ton of blog posts about Trevor Hoffman. A TON. (I’m even wearing a Trevor Hoffman shirt in my main blog picture <- cool, huh?) Especially after he became a free agent. I’m linking them all here, but if you don’t feel like reading all of them, there are two-must read ones, posts that I consider to be some of the best things I’ve ever written.
- Always Belong To Us – No matter where Trevor went (or was forced to go, ahem), he will always be a Padre. He will always be our All-Time Saves leader.
- Why Trevor? – I could not believe what the front office was telling us. I was upset, confused, and thinking, how can you let someone like Trevor Hoffman go?
- Is Trevor’s Time Over? – When we first started hearing the rumors.
- 7 Reasons for Trevor to Stay in San Diego – As if there needed to be a reason for Trevor to stay.
- Game 163: A Fan’s Perspective – This one is a low point in Trevor’s career. Maybe one of the worst games of his whole life. It was devastating, but the way he handled it was an incredible example.
- Trevor Update – Trevor was a free agent at this point. Notice how I say that he’ll get to 600 saves in two years, and what do you know, he did.
- Trevor Time is Really Over… – Trevor signs with the Brewers. Sad day.
- A Tribute to Trevor – The first of many.
- A Tribute to Trevor – In Pictures – Yep, another tribute.
- MLBlogs’ first ever support group gathering – I was so upset about the whole situation that my friends in the blogosphere decided to get together and help me out. It really, really touched me, and man, it’s funny too.
- Good-bye, Trevor!! – This post is awesome because it has a Lord of the Rings analogy. A pretty good one, too, if I do say so myself.
- A Tribute to Trevor…Yes, ANOTHER One – This was a few months after the trade, when baseball was starting back up again and it was really hitting me that he wasn’t going to be here anymore.
- Waiving Trevor– Trevor was put on waivers after his first season with the Brewers, and I thought for a second that there might be hope of him coming back to the Padres.
- Forever a Padre – Save 600 with the Brewers.
- Trevor’s Time To Retire – Finally coming back to the Padres!
I hope you were able to find one or two that interested you and helped you get ready for the weekend. For me, looking back at all these makes me so thankful that we had one of the classiest guys in the game here, in San Diego, for so many years. I’m so glad that we’re going to have him for many years to come.
One day and 13 hours!!!
Countdown to Trevor’s Ceremony: Introduction
For the next few days leading up to Trevor Hoffman’s Retirement Ceremony (August 21st, Petco Park, 12:30 p.m. Tickets at padres.com), I am going to be posting about my top favorite Trevor moments. Ones that impacted me personally, and ones that impacted the city of San Diego as a whole. Trevor Hoffman is one of my all-time favorite Padres, and I have so much admiration and respect for this guy. I’m beyond excited at the opportunity to be at his ceremony and really honor his incredible career.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for the first post about my favorite Trevor moments. I can’t wait.